Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
There are well over 100,000 types of mold with only a handful being harmful to most people. Additionally, mold can affect people in different ways and degrees of severity. Below are some tips on mitigating mold:
- If you notice a water leak, attend to it immediately. Not only can the water cause a lot of damage in relation to materials, money and time in your home but leaving it unattended for even a couple days can allow mold to appear.
- If mold is discovered or highly suspected, turn off your HVAC system to prevent the spread of spores to other parts of your residence.
- Often it is possible to clean mold off of hard surfaces but material that is porous will most likely need to be removed, one of theses common items is drywall.
- Regularly air out and clean known consistently humid environments like bathrooms.
- Have a couple of companies contact information at hand, one being an industrial hygienist who can test the mold and write a protocol if necessary. The second important company being a mold remediation company like SERVPRO.
At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we have helped numerous customers with their dirty 4 letter word, "Mold". Give us a call today to assess and remedy your situation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (214) 463-5880
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Oak Cliff
- Cockrell Hill
- Bishop Arts